The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust has launched a “ground-breaking” new digital system for their colposcopy service.
The new system features NHS-leading technology regarding colposcopy and provides the Trust with an impressive combination of systems that no other Trust in the country is fortunate enough to have at their disposal.
Mid Yorkshire say they are now one of the “leading services nationally” in terms of systems set-up and software that supports the delivery of colposcopy services to NHS patients.
The new systems have realised a range of benefits across various different areas within the service, including:
- Digital image capture – live examination images can now be recorded rather than using hand-drawn sketches. This will improve patient health outcomes as the newly acquired ability to review and manage follow-up patients, and the enhanced quality of information collected, will enable clinicians to make more informed decisions.
- Interface with digital clinical systems – the new system will drastically expedite treatment processes by substantially reducing the amount of time it takes to complete a range of administration tasks, whilst also providing more accurate and up-to-date information.
- Improved patient safety – the introduction of ‘failsafe lists’ will help to identify key milestones and pressure points within the service, subsequently contributing to circumventing any potential delays to treatment and cutting down waiting lists for procedures.
- Upgraded database – The new modern database will provide an improved user experience for staff, improving their outcomes and morale, as well as increasing cyber security.
- Production of mandatory data – the system will support the production of mandatory data requirements, which will help alleviate pressure on staff and release workforce capacity to prioritise optimising patient care, further reducing waiting times and the overall patient experience.
Kay Duxbury, Director of Operations, Families and Clinical Support Services at Mid Yorkshire, said: “This is a fantastic example of how collaborative working has truly benefited patient care. This project would not have come to fruition without the relentless ambition and commitment from all involved and I am extremely proud to support this improvement.”
The new system is the culmination of a two-year project in which Mid Yorkshire consulted various teams across its services, including its Colposcopy Clinical team, Digital Services, Medical Physics and Procurement, as well as their supplier.
More information about their new system is available here.