As 2021 is coming to an end, I thought I would take the time to look back at the year that changed the way organisations, including NHE, have delivered innovative, educational, and collaborative events for the entire health sector.
The Covid-19 pandemic saw the immediate pause of all live events and placed immense pressure on our NHS, the effects of which we are still tackling 18 months later. As we look to follow the Governments ‘Build Back Better’ agenda, how can organisations such as ourselves give back to our health sector?
For NHE, it was simple, do what we do best and host a festival of online events that take place throughout the year and bring together a community of healthcare professionals to address the most important issues that influence the delivery of healthcare services.
Over the past (almost) 365 days we’ve had the pleasure of hearing from some of the most highly motivated, informative, and inspirational speakers that have been able to equip our community with the knowledge and unique insight to enable you to overcome the challenges that you face.
Some of these speakers include:
- Cameron Hawkins, Head of Energy and Environment, NHS Property Services
- Preeya Bailie, Director of Procurement Transformation & Commercial Delivery, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Lisa Hollins, Director of Innovation Delivery, NHSX
- Professor Sudhesh Kumar, Non-Executive Director, OBE, NHS digital
- Dr Lucia Pareja-Cebrian, Associate Medical Director, Director of Infection Prevention and Control & Microbiology Consultant, The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Motolani Awokoya, Health Protection Practitioner, Public Health England
- Iain Smith, Head of Construction, NHS Property Services Ltd
- Richard Holden, MP, North West Durham
On topics such as:
- Workforce Wellbeing
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Net-Zero NHS
- Virtual Healthcare
- NHS Estates
All National Health Executives event content is CPD certified and has been helping our delegates reach their CPD targets for the year. However, don’t worry if you didn’t get a chance to attend, all of our events are available on-demand to watch at your leisure.
Along with assisting our sector's professional development, the NHE team have partnered with MoreTrees and the Magic Breakfast Charity, to give back to the larger community, planting a total of 617 trees this year, sequestering an estimated 185.1 tonnes of CO2. In addition, we gave a grand total of £1,082.90 to the Magic Breakfast Charity, which helps provide nutritious breakfasts to the 1.7 million children in the UK living in food poverty. As a result, doubling our targeted goal for the year!
But why would we end it here? NHE365 is returning next year for another year full of online events delivered by the team at NHE, with more inspirational speakers on topics such as NHS Backlog, NHS Workforce, Net-zero NHS and much more.