Voting has opened to decide the winners of the 2023 Our Health Heroes Awards.
Our Health Heroes recognises the extraordinary people at the heart of our NHS and social care workforce and is delivered by Skills for Health in partnership with NHS Employers, Unison, NHS England and National Health Executive.
Twelve finalists have been shortlisted across four categories celebrating the sector’s unsung heroes.
Votes are welcome from across the community – including colleagues and service users – to decide who will be crowned gold, silver and bronze award winners at a ceremony held in London on 7 June.
And the finalists are…
Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Unison:
- Rochelle Sampson-Clarke, Estates Project Officer, Solent NHS Trust
- Hailei Petersen, Apprentice Nurse, Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- Joe Maslen, Radiotherapy Assistant Practitioner, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Outstanding Lifetime Contribution sponsored by NHS Employers:
- Toni Starr, Neonatal Sister, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Salli Jeynes, Chief Executive, The End of Life Partnership
- Sandra Hands, Cluster Manager for the Lancashire and Cumbria Prisons, Spectrum Community Health CIC
Operational Support Worker of the Year sponsored by Unison:
- Katie Whittam, Facilities and IT Coordinator/Trainer, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Mary McElroy, Integrated Care Team Admin Support, Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- Laura Cavina, Involvement Volunteer Coordinator, South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
Clinical Support Worker of the Year:
- Edelle Brown, Associate Practitioner, City Health Care Partnership CIC
- Helen McGowan-Thomson, Recruitment and Education Support Assistant, Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundations Trust
- Karen Read, Breast Cancer Support Worker, Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
Voting opens today (3 April) and closes at 11.59pm on 2 May. To find out more about the finalists and to cast your vote visit: www.skillsforhealth.org.uk/awards/vote
Follow #OurHealthHeroes on Twitter for all the latest updates.